The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Thursday July 10, 2008 at 16:12
Nex
Long Time Member
June 2008
I just got my pcx9200 and am pretty disappointed. This may be a VMC problem but it is impossible to play long playlists (could be any playlists mine are all long). I had problems creating playlists (actually the "add to queue" button) in VMC in that it would take a long time once a few albums were added.

When trying to play a playlist through the remote media screen everything would freeze up. I then noticed that even playing the playlist through VMC while this software was running and the remote wasn't even connected created problems. VMC reported unknown errors then the entire music library became unavailable until I restarted VMC. During this about 6 mediacontrol (pcx9200 software) icons where shown in the taskbar as if the program kept crashing and restarting.

Another frustrating problem is that no changes to the configuration are possible. The program simply says something like "failed to save changes". I had to reinstall the program to try controlling WMP instead of VMC. Luckily this seems to have fixed the playlist problem as I can play the same playlist now. This solution is not ideal though - it would be much nicer to use VMC all the time.

Another problem encountered with both VMC and WMP is that when the program is launched it is not responsive for 10 to 15 minutes - yes minutes! Trying to access it through windows the program says something like "Mediacontrol operation in progress" and trying to connect with the remote brings up a "connecting to PC...." dialogue.

Also the range is only about 20ft which is about 3ft shorter than I was hoping for. This is with the receiver connected to a hub away from any interference.

Yes all in all quite disappointing. I will probably end up uninstalling the software and throwing it in the bin but still want to give it a chance.

Oh one more thing, album art displayed fine with VMC but no album art with WMP.

Edit: A couple more observations. The mediacontrol software has an unfortunate method of sorting music. When choosing an album with more than one artist it will first order the songs by artist then track number rather than just track number. This really makes DJ albums un-listenable.

Also the connection to the PC is stopped when the screen turns off. So if you want to stop the music or skip to the next track the screen will turn on and the connection re-established. Depending how close you are to the rf receiver this can take up to a few seconds.

Last edited by Nex on July 12, 2008 14:21.

Hosting Services by ipHouse