The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 65 made on Wednesday March 26, 2003 at 14:58
cgroth
Founding Member
April 2002
Kolya, I quickly ran into the same problem, and found a work around. You can usually find another entry (with a different UPC) for the same movie. So I add that movie to my collection. Then I rename the original movie xxxxx Disc 1 and call the other Disc 2 and so on. It works fine, altough I sometimes have to change the images, but that's simple, just replace Disc 2's images with the original ones. In this way I have corresponding numbers all the way!

I am now however working on an even more elegant solution (hopefully) which will allow me to start my changers direct from a program called Movies! which runs on top of Profiler and control a Slink-E IR emitter connected to the PC. This way, when I'm looking up movies on Profiler (well really on Movies, but never mind) and see something I like, I use my trusted RC9200 (which operates my PC) to pusk a button called Play on Profiler, and abracadabra, the collection number on Profiler is "sucked up" by Movies!, sent to the Slink-E via wire, emitted from here as an IR signal, and received by the daisy chained changers, wjich will then start the disc with the corresponding numbers! Cool, eh? Hope it will work, haven't ordered yet.ø

Hosting Services by ipHouse