The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Friday August 27, 2004 at 16:40
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
Jim: it was an error in my post (bad HTML)

John: I did not say he should or shouldn't, I even said what you said

[quote]make them available in the manner you have them; or, easier for the users make them available in Pronto HEX notation or in a Pronto CCF.[/quote]

(and no the edit was to correct HTML not to add that at #3

the reason I said Pronto HEX is better (in my opinion)is

1) that most end users don't understand what to do with "A50F" but know what to do with Pronto HEX and that is for many remotes and not just Prontos.

2) also if the guy or his engineers need help understanding IR it is either that they had no idea what the person was talking about (so I gave 1 and 2) or that they wanted to give something intelligible to the end user (so I explained where to get the info on Pronto HEX)

3) there are many people ready to help, but I will be honest, I for one am not looking for a career, if something is more usable and I don't need to help translating it, then I am all for it :-), I had to learn how to understand Pronto HEX (thanks to the texts) to be able to create all the possible codes for an important device (new the codes existed but not what they were) and I am willing to help others if needed, but to be honest, if all IR problems were fixed and the info was commonly available and there were no more IR questions I would not miss it

Hosting Services by ipHouse