Super Remote SR3 billed as being ideal for users of all ages, from kids to seniors.
URC (otherwise known as Universal Remote Control Inc.) has announced the availability of their new Super Remote SR3
, which is billed as being ideal for users of all ages – from kids to seniors. Priced at $24.99 MSRP, it’s a 3-device preprogrammed remote with large, distinctively shaped buttons.
Several distinctive macro-based features have been added to set the SR3 apart from the rest of the big buttoned remote control crowd. These include four “Favorite” buttons that can each hold five television channels, a big green button called “My Button” that can set up a favorite activity such as watching television, plus an “All Off” button that turns everything off with a single button push. Other features include volume punchthrough and a creatively named “Sofa Mode”. The friendly key layout includes number-shaped buttons for the numeric keypad, plus full menu and transport controls including Skip and Replay.
The SR3 is already available at Amazon.com. The complete original press release is included below.
URC Announces Comfortable Big-Button Remote Control
The lightweight, easy-to-hold Super Remote SR3 offers a large numeric keypad and simple macro programming to control up to three home entertainment devices.
Harrison, NY – May 6, 2010 –
URC, The Pioneer in Control Technology, today announced the release of its Super Remote SR3. Priced at $24.99 MSRP and available through national and internet retailers, the affordable Super Remote SR3 replaces up to three conventional remote controls for up to three components. The Super Remote SR3 is also an excellent multi-device remote control option for use in extra rooms, like a kids’ room or guest room.
The Super Remote SR3 makes the remote control experience extremely accessible for users of all ages. It offers a large, easy-to-see, backlit numeric keypad, with each button in the shape of the number it represents. Overall, the remote offers larger buttons than most standard remotes do. Lightweight, at under five ounces with batteries, and comfortable to hold, its rounded body shape with curved sides is designed for easy one-hand operation, while the ergonomic finger relief on the bottom of the remote makes it convenient for two-handed operation. The Super Remote SR3’s soft touch keys require minimal pressure to operate.
Using standard infrared (IR) technology, the Super Remote SR3 can control up to three devices in a home entertainment system, including TVs, cable or satellite boxes, and DVD players. It is simple to get up and running, with no use of a PC or internet connection required. The remote is both preprogrammed and learning, which means the user can employ its built-in codes for the devices that need to be controlled; failing that, the remote can “learn” buttons from old remotes quickly and easily. As a result, the Super Remote SR3 will never become obsolete and can be used with both old and new components.
The remote features numerous time-saving, easy-to-use features, all of which can be set up in a few simple steps:
- Its centrally located “My Button” allows the user to begin his or her favorite activity with a single button press. For example, the “My Button” can turn on the TV and set the tuner to a particular favorite channel.
- Each of its four “Favorites” buttons allow users to pre-program up to five channels they like to watch most often for quick and easy access, without ever needing to use the numeric keypad and without the need to even remember the channel number.
- With the remote’s “ALL OFF” button, the user can shut down the entire home entertainment system with a single button press.
- Its MacroPower™ feature makes several devices work together through a single button press.
- Its SimpleSound™ feature provides total volume control over all components in a system, even those without their own built-in volume controls, such as TiVos, DVD players and VCRs.
- Its Sofa Mode Feature avoids unnecessary battery drain by automatically turning the remote off if it’s accidentally caught under a sofa cushion and its buttons are inadvertently being pressed.
The URC Super Remote SR3 comes with two AA alkaline batteries and a manual.
Note: URC conceived and designed the Super Remote SR3 to be easy for all people to use, even those with impaired finger movement. URC does not make any medical claims about the Super Remote SR3. However, it is reasonable to assume that the Super Remote SR3’s larger, clearer buttons make it easier to read and operate when compared to standard remote controls.
Two DACs, a delay module and extender kit highlight new offerings.
Features push-to-talk voice control of Amazon Alexa and Apple TV via Siri.