The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday March 12, 2010 at 19:21
jvlara
Lurking Member
March 2010
On March 11, 2010 at 21:09, Lyndel McGee said...
Are you using WEP passphrase or Hex Key? If the former, make sure that the casing on the value is the same in PEP and Router config as passphrase is case-sensitive(IIRC) and leading/trailing spaces for sure cause a mismatch.

Thanks Lyndel!!! i'm aware of that, and i'm pretty sure the passphrases were the same.. anyway, i switched to the HEX key (using the same key, just translated to HEX) and it worked... weird huh? The important thing is that it works, so cheers!!! Thanks a lot!

On March 12, 2010 at 03:51, Sogliphy said...
FYI, with:

CF.activity().wifiEnabled = true;

You can force re-association (no need to first set this property to false). However, this will momentarily drop the current WiFi association.

Yeah, that helped a lot! I wasn't really worried about this problem, as long as the system worked, but now you said, i added this code:

if (delay == true) { delay = false; }
else
{
  if (System.getNetlinkStatus() == "wifi-level1" )
  {
    CF.activity().scheduleAfter(1000, changeStation); // 1 sec. delay, then
                                                      // new verification
  }
}

function changeStation()
{
  if (System.getNetlinkStatus() == "wifi-level1" )    // signal still weak..
  {
    CF.activity().wifiEnabled = true;                 // ..switch station!
    // GUI.alert("Re-associating...");
    delay = true;                        // Skips the next verification.
  }
}

I put that code in the page script, executing it every 5 seconds... the variable "delay" is declared in the activity level, and it skips the next cycle because while the pronto is associating, it remains showing the last signal level, what caused it to restart the wifi interface over and over again...

The Handoff procedure is far better now, Thanks!!! I'm sure there is a much better way of doing that, because this way I have to keep pooling for the signal all the time (I'm willing to try the "System.addEventListener()" method, but i still don't know how it works for sure), and if the pronto stays in an area where both of the APs' signals are weak, it keeps restarting the wifi interface either...

If anybody can give another idea please be welcome, but i'm already happy with what i've got, i really appreciate all the help! Thanks again, Sogliphy and Lyndel!

Hosting Services by ipHouse