The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday March 11, 2010 at 16:00
jvlara
Lurking Member
March 2010
Hello people! I solved part of the problems!!

I looked the firmware of the DI-624, the version is 4.01. But while searching the d-link site, i noticed something weird. Although I can configure the IP address and the subnet mask in the DWL-2100AP firmware, the manufacturer says that it only supports the 255.255.255.0 subnet mask! So i changed my network's IP from 10.1.1.xx to 192.168.0.xx, with the subnet mask 255.255.255.0. Like magic, it worked!!!

Doing this, I managed to use fixed ip in the TSU9600 and everything worked fine. The Handoff between the two APs is a bit slow in the pronto, it has to completely loose connection with the first one to connect to the other, but I don't think this will be a real problem.

Now, the only issue reamining is about the security!! I just can't make the Pronto equipments talk to each other when the security is activated. If i configure the TSU with fixed ip, it says that the extenders doesn't reply. If i configure DHCP, it finds the network but the wifi icon appears with a question mark over it, and doesn't attribute any IP.

I appreciate any help! Thanks a lot!

Hosting Services by ipHouse