The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 85 made on Tuesday March 9, 2010 at 18:36
leeladisky
Long Time Member
August 2005
On March 8, 2010 at 12:02, sWORDs said...
Again this leeds me to believe that you're not getting the error when using the xcf alone, only when integrating it with other components. Maybe the extender helper object that will be in my next version will be a solution, but you'll need the source of the other components to be able to use it. Another solution might be the processor that will be available in q4. For now there is not much more I can do because I've got no idea what's going on. I can use 3 remotes at the same time without an error to 3 devices on the same extender by using the methods the Denonplayer does. Also I haven't had anyone else complain about any communication error with 1.41.

Could you make a picture of the error and mail it? Maybe I can build a debug version to atleast check what happened before the error. Disabling the error would be foolish, it needs to be fixed. Also delays of 400 and 600 are way to high to be able to communicate normally, and even worse when also using other devices at the same time.

The part that bothers me is that this only started to happen when we converted the code to a library versus the previous script versions. On the previous script versions, there was no error reported, no delays and all the same external devices were integrated. Essentially, it's exactly the same on my end with the exception of conversion to the library. As for the error, it just says "Communication timeout...."

Hosting Services by ipHouse