The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Wednesday February 3, 2010 at 10:45
JoeyCes
One In A Million
May 2004
On February 2, 2010 at 13:44, 39 Cent Stamp said...
It came with a "solutions disk". Is there any point to installing this? I try to avoid installing peripheral software and opt for just drivers when i can get away with it. I noticed "PhotoStitch 3.1" and thought it might be important. Are you using any of this software or just photoshop?

Thanks

Definitely install the EOS utility & DPP. And as Daniel mentioned, get the updates, which can be found at Canon's website very easily.

Even though I use Photoshop & Lightroom for RAW editing, I find that DPP is easier for batch conversion of RAW to JPEG.

The photostich program is cool, but Photoshops "Photomerge" plugin is much better in my opinion, which both are used for panoramics both horizontal and vertical.

From the looks of that photo (I can't see the EXIF data at my work machine right now) it looks awfully sharp, which is a good thing. The Xsi is known for having great images in the 100-1600 ISO range.

Also, having Wine, wire strippers, graph paper & sharpies is always a good start to a great night!

And Daniel, i'm not sure if you know this, but the Movie files our cameras create (.MOV) are somewhat choppy during playback with Quicktime (for me at least), and Zoombrowser plays those files much better than Quicktime does, so that is the only reason I use Zoombrowser.

Glad you got it up and running Stamp, have lots of fun.

Oh, by the way, i'm almost ready to shoot the images of my daughter wearing the Wiremonkey onesie, she turns 6 months old this month, so it should fit her soon!

Hosting Services by ipHouse