The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday December 29, 2009 at 18:10
jimstolz76
Loyal Member
December 2007
On December 29, 2009 at 17:53, jesterselv said...
I am told it could be because of the type of Solder used on the board. It was a new type required for some law, but wasnt very good. They have since gotten better solder. Usually even if out of warranty, if RTI discovers internally that the problem was not due to neglect but on their end (manufacturing wise), they will generally do it for free. you would just have to take care of either shipping costs and/or programming to upload your program back onto the new board. I have to say, RTI is great like that. We've returned quite a few a while back for this issue, and only the "dropped" remotes got charged.

FWIW - we just sent a T2-C back and it had a pretty obvious, but small, indentation on the top right corner of the plastic right near the screen where IMO it had obviously been dropped.  They repaired it at no charge... I think they know there are manufacturing issues and may be handling things on a case by case basis.  The last thing I wanted to do was to tell my customer who had already waited 3 weeks to get his remote back that it was going to be $250-$300 for repairs...

Hosting Services by ipHouse