Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday November 21, 2009 at 18:43
drewski300
January 2007
On November 21, 2009 at 12:50, Steven366 said...
All,

We have RTI as one of our lines and I have been wanting to use it as a multi-zone solution for budget systems. I was wondering though:

1. Have you guys used it as a multi-zone system with feedback?

Yes

2. What switchers/amps have you used with RTI?

B&K and I believe they have the most flexibility. 12 inputs including 3 tuners. 6 additional direct zone inputs. And they sound awesome.

3. How is 2-way feedback on the remotes Vs. the inwalls?

In-walls are way better than the remotes. In-walls are rock solid whereas you have to rely on either zigbee or wifi and both have their inherent issues.

4. If you have what sirius/xm tuners and iPod docks have you used that worked well with feedback and RTI?

No XM or Sirius tuners. Other than maybe AV receivers that have it but I haven't play with it. I'm hoping they release a Nuvo tuner driver soon! I really like their Satellite tuners.

5. Is Zigbee reliable at all?

Depends on who you ask. It also depends on the environment. Too close to wifi or anything that produces interference and it will cause a lot of issues.

6. I really like Pandora and would love to start integrating it for my clients...is there any company that has a Pandora "tuner" that has a video output so I can send it to T.V.s and keypads, or better yet one with 2-way?

Autonomic Controls. Only works on the K4/T4 and it's pretty slow. But still pretty cool. The software should run on a dedicated computer with no speakers because it turns your computer into the server and you can't control the audio from your computer. So if you are watching a you tube clip with the audio up and someone turns Pandora on it will also play the Pandora audio at the same time.

Did RTI ever work out the IP control with the B&K Ct line?? I have used IP control with another control system and it works great. This opens up RS-232 ports and gives you an avenue to up sell the home network.

I was wondering the same thing! Allegedly, B&K has a new firmware update to the CT unit so it will work with RTI's drivers. I haven't updated my office CT unit yet but according to past posts it's supposed be fixed.
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse