The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Friday November 13, 2009 at 18:20
Tassie Devil
Long Time Member
February 2003
I was put in touch with URC's technology team and sent them that list of file codes with a request for help. I just received the following message from M. Eric Johnson, VP of Technology, Universal Remote Control, Inc:

"Yep that’s easy for us. I’ll have the IR Database engineering team get on this asap. We’ll try to get you mxd files for the MX-850 next week, and it should be in the database in December via Live Update."

So, I cannot echo the complaints I've seen at times from others about lack of care or attention from URC. Makes me glad I invested in 6 of their remotes (not all here now, some onsold).

But heartfelt thanks to dsp81 who went out of his way to help. Just so frustrating it was not successful. But at least I now know how to use hex editor, not that this knowlege has helped so far!

I've examined the latest models with colour screens etc but really am not tempted to depart from the 700/800/850 series. Once set up, and there is heaps of flexibility in this, they do all I want to in the 3 systems here. Even my wife can operate them using URC's products.

About the only thing I've never been successful at is saving a device file and importing it. The copy & paste command works fine in most cases but importing an .mxd file. I make sure there is a vacant spot for it, right click on MAIN and select "import device". I select the file and the "Import Device" window opens showing the required one in the available deviles left window while the MAIN page 1 & MAIN page 2 buttons are shown on the right with the vacant spot highlighted. Highlight the device in the left window and the arrows light up. Click on the arrow and a new box appears - "Device Assign". This is where I fall over and cannot get any further. No matter what I highlight in the top list (and why those few items are mentioned makes no sense to me), or what I list in the "Assign Device To " box, I never get the ok.

Not a bit worry but if anyone can point me to what is being done wrong I'd appreciate knowing.

John
An audio nut for over 60 years & now a video nut too :-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse