Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday November 13, 2009 at 14:44
howdoin
Long Time Member
August 2007
Sorry to intrude in the Pro section but my two cents:

- contacted 3 resellers listed on URC website to inquire about the MX-5000.

* #1 does not sell it
* #2 charges more than what seems to be the average price + $150/hour to program but could not give me info on it (regarding integration with my set-up) and once I mentioned I could be interested in something else (as in cheaper) if he thought it was better for me, he absolutely told me that MX-5000 was what I needed... kinda felt that all he wanted was my money first before giving me an advice on what I really need.
* #3 never heard of it but told me he would give me a good price and $95/hour program but does not know much about it and does not know if I the MX-5000 is going to work with my set-up/plan (obviously it will work but I was hoping info on functions like control for HTPC and Tivo via IP).

Just wanted to let you know that there ARE people interested in the MX-5000 but that it is extremely hard for me to find info about it, few installer seem to know it and others don't seem to be happy that I only want a remote (as expensive as this one is) and try to push receiver, plasma or more install.
I would love to find an installer that is willing to sell one to me, or even help me figure out what is best for my setup.

So if any of you is in or around NY I'd be happy to get in touch and finally figure out what is the best remote for my set-up...

Hosting Services by ipHouse