The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 398 made on Tuesday June 9, 2009 at 14:34
squareeyes
Long Time Member
February 2007
dennis, i'll try to answer as lucidly as i can :)
answers in order from your post:

-These icons will be visible on the screen of the remote when the activity "Watch TV' is active: Yes?
Yes.

-So will the icons for the channels negate the "Favorites" option?
No. It will be available in addition to your dvr's "Favorites" option.

Your dvr's 'favorite' list which is different then the harmony remote's favorite screens.
the favorite icons will be on your remote's lcd screen and can be used to essentially "speed dial" to each channel you want by pressing the icon.
the dvr's favorite channel list (if it's like mine) allows you to set up a list of often-viewed channels from your dvr's menus and scroll thru them rather than the entire channel list available from your provider.
If your dvr's oem remote has a "favorites" button, then you can map it to any of the harmony's hard or soft (lcd) buttons. The harmony's favorites are a separate function all together.

Did that answer your question?
,R

On June 9, 2009 at 14:20, dennis moriarty said...
Let me see if I can express my question lucidly because I just got my Harmony One last night. These icons will be visible on the screen of the remote when the activity "Watch TV' is active: Yes? While I like this option aesthetically and expeditiously I like having a menu item for "Favorites" on the screen too. So will the icons for the channels negate the "Favorites" option? And are these icons (and indeed any option on the little lcd screen) what are referred to as "soft buttons". Really I am having a hard time getting the remote to have create a hard button for my (Verizon DVR-HD box) Favorites 1, and Favorite 2 as the guide just has way too many channels that I have no interest in. Excuse the long (double issue) question and Thank you. Signed "A brand new neophyte newbie that tries not to be redundant".
randall c
your source for harmony remote icons: www.iconharmony.com
follow icon updates & av news at [Link: twitter.com] & [Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse