Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday March 11, 2009 at 14:00
RastusW
Long Time Member
October 2008
Thanks Lyndel,

I've updated my sig w/ equipment specs. My receiver is the Marantz SR8002. I think he used RS-232 to control the volume. The receiver would have the little IR diode pasted on it if he used IR correct?
I'm pretty sure the questions you asked are remote 101. Unfortunately I don't know the definite answers.

My programmer is still planning to try to fix the problem. I not sure if he knows about this site or not. I'd hope he does and is reading this.

I realize programing these remotes is far from trivial but I am surprised that a primary major function like volume control is difficult to program and make work. Initially he told me that the volume control only works for the radio. I said that can't be correct. It's frustrating and the reason I took the initiative to make this post. We will see what he comes up with.

I wanted to make sure this was not a know problem with an easy fix.

Thanks again Lyndel. I want to look more at your Escient information. The link did not work when I clicked on it.

Rastus
Marantz RC9001 & RX9001 : Marantz SR8002 : JVC RS1X : Escient SE-D1 : Sony DVPCX777ES 400 Disc Changer : PS3 80GB : Revel Speakers

Hosting Services by ipHouse