The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Sunday November 11, 2007 at 22:07
HuddaDudda
Long Time Member
December 2003
Well maybe I should let everyone know I am currently using a combo of X10 and Insteon products like most people here are with the IR543 module. However X10 is getting pretty old and I recently moved into a new home which is much larger than my old one, meaning now I need to go out and spend more $$ on additional modules and switches (Insteon w/X10 cap). So I figured since I just bought a new TSU9400 (still have a TSU7000&TSU3500) and plan on purchasing a TSU9600 for the Home Theater Room maybe I should get some other type of lighting control that is able to be controlled with these remotes, that is more reliable and something I can see what the status is (on, off, or Dim @ X amount brightness). After spending some time online looking around I am thinking maybe RadioRA might be worth it, but some of my appliances will only need on/off because of compact floresent bulbs and I didnt see a specific module for this with the RadioRA (if there is please someone let me know). I dont mind buying more items or spending more money as long as its reliable, easy to add/change remotes and I can get status feedback. I was thinking maybe I should sell my new TSU9400 and extender and just buy another type of remote/system. So I am looking for some info... Thanks for any help/direction!

Hosting Services by ipHouse