Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Sunday December 14, 2008 at 05:22
wheely30km
Founding Member
May 2002
Some feedback after further using the PCX9200 and MediaControl software :

I got too much problems with WMP11 alone (even without MediaControl), using 99% of CPU, couldn't find the cause :-(
I tried to delete videos, stop Internet track info update, ... , nothing worked.
(had similar problems on other PC. I did some googling : I'm not the only one !)

I now use iTunes wich solved that problem, BUT :
I regullary have the computer hanging up during periods of a few sec to 1 minute, with the remote not responding.
The cause seems to be MediaControl.exe process, which "drives" iTunes, using all CPU available.
PC is not the latest quad core, but should be enough to play music ! (AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 500Mo RAM).

The lost of connection once the display switches off must be "normal" for battery life purposes.

Very usefull for searching is the numeric keypad, allowing to type the first letters of an artist like an SMS.

What is missing is some lack of configuration for choosing the music on the remote :
Album : Albums are sorted alphabetically, and cannot be sorted by artist. And artist is not displayed, so if you have 10 "Best Of", you don't know from which artist it is... :-(
Artist : after Artist, you must choose the album: you cannot have all the songs from an artist displayed all together.
What is also missing : when playing tracks from different artists/albums : "adding to queue" => that would allow to choose the next track without having to wait until the actual is finished.

While still not ideal (specially the remote & PC temporary not responding because of MediaControl.exe), I find it so cool to choose the music with the remote...

Last edited by wheely30km on December 15, 2008 03:09.
Yes, you CAN learn RF with a RU950/RU980 :-)

Hosting Services by ipHouse