The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Monday December 29, 2008 at 21:10
mattDC5R
Long Time Member
December 2007
I cant say that i see the 9200 as a threat to the 9400/9600 business, its great to have a smaller unit available as an option, and i have used it in jobs where theres multiple 9400/9600 and a smaller unit is needed for say a kitchen.

i think you are right that keeping it to the same distribution channels as 9400/9600 does limit its market penetration, however i can understand them wanting it to still be programmed by people that know whats going on. if it were to be sold through costco's etc, when people program it themselves and it doesnt work very well theyll blame the remote rather than the program on it, giving the brand a bad name.
i believe they are sold into Harvey Norman here (Australian Box Mover similar to costcos etc) but im not sure how succesful its being.

Yes i mean tv/cable channel lists, i have all the icons set up in the editor ok, and have set up the lists and just start new jobs using an existing one with the channel lists. i have set them up both as a favourites list listing the main channels, and also by using the more button, which then lists categories with links from there into the appropraite part of the favs list. both methods seem to work well but have downsides, just a case of working out whats more relevant to the particular client.

Hosting Services by ipHouse