Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Sunday December 28, 2008 at 16:20
spamslayer
Long Time Member
December 2008
Buzz.

Actually as I state above I have seen a well programmed higher end unit and find the TSU 9200 preferable IF you like hard buttons over touch screen. I was programmer / software manger in high tech with a decade of Pronto programming. What we are talking about is customization. Some people just like to buy a car, individualize it some when they buy then use it and take it for granted. Others want to customize it continually and make it a hobby. Nothing wrong with either approach. If Customizing it is important fine - I did an entire Batman and Austin Power theme. Thats not my interest any more.

I don't find the Wizard approach to programming restrictive at all. Conceptualizing the goals and user layout are where the challenges are not in the detailed implementation (for me).

On the RF problem: I've seen that. very OCCASIONALLY the 802 protocol will indicate a "command failure". It is usually when you move the unit dramatically and it loses its RF lock. It recovers quickly and works the second time. I did have more problems before the firmware upgrade. Of course the RF signal strength indicator can help with distance problems.

Motech:

Thats a good problem will ponder. Also you reminded me - I miss the emulator also but only found few times where it was bother some. As to below dealer cost. Remember many companies are going bankrupt in the current credit crunch and they just want something for the investment. I purchased my Carver surround speakers at Costco for $700 (list $2100) when Seattle based Carver (incarnation 3??) went bankrupt and Costco bought the inventory.

Hosting Services by ipHouse