The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Tuesday October 3, 2006 at 08:22
russ fulks
Long Time Member
June 2003
As shown on figure B, I had planned on having the list of available sources shown on the top of the screen, once a TV and it's initial source was selected. This way, I will only run the "turn on" macro for a tv on the initial selection (pop-up window). Then, once the TV is selected I can use the source buttons on the page to run the switching macros. In addition I planned to have a "TV off/on" pair of buttons as well as a "Room off/on" pair of buttons.

I've planned it all out in my head and sketched some designs on paper but I want proof that I can do it before I spend the money. I think I might have a copy of the software that I downloaded a year or 2 ago. Hopefully I can find it. It really does cause some problems by completely restricting the software, especially when your direct competition (Pronto) has the software freely available for download.

As far as RF is concerned, I think the MSC-400 is a bit much for this system. None of the TV's are serial capable, nor are the switchers I'm using. I think that the MRF-250 with it's routable IR would be more than adequate for my needs.

Thanks for the help all,

Russell

Hosting Services by ipHouse