Your Universal Remote Control Center
Complete Control by URC Forum - View Post
Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from


Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday October 2, 2006 at 12:16
Loyal Member
April 2006
Yes, you have to purchase from an authorized dealer to get software legally.

It is up to the dealer to give you the software with the updates or the latest version of the sofware that does not. Or any software at all for that matter.

Ask the AD first which software he will give you. Your best bet is one of the AD's on this site that understand that clients can programm their remotes for themselves. You will have to email for special pricing.

Also, URC website has a list of AD's. I doubt you will get much knowledgable customer service from the larger guys about different available versions of the software.


Good Luck!

EDIT: If you buy from an AD you can download the standard version online with your valid SN.
Bulldog AV - San Diego, CA

Hosting Services by ipHouse