The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday October 2, 2006 at 11:22
dsgcobra
Long Time Member
March 2003
I am in the market for a new remote my TSU6000 is on its last leg. I dig the way the MX looks and really like the ability to program anything into it. In reading through the Owners Manual and programming manual it seems as though this is geared toward a professional pre programming it based on my equipment. I disagree with this all the way as I will be the end user and want it programmed to my exact needs and want the ability to change things later on down the road if wanted.

So here is my question does the programming software come with the remote? Do you have to buy from an authorized dealer to recieve the software? Using amazon.com I have found the following retailers Electronics Expo and Electronica Direct both with very reasonable prices. Are either if these "authorized dealers"?

I noticed on the universalremote.com web site it will ask you to register the remote based on serail number and vendor so yes it must be bought through an authorized dealer? I don't want any of it to be preprogrammed and would really like to mail order it as prices I've seen on the web are far cheaper than at my local tweeter.

I don't really care about the live update feature as I can log on with my PC and upgrade software if something does drastically change.

How can I find a list of authorized mail order dealers?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long thread.
Jeff.

Hosting Services by ipHouse