Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 166 made on Wednesday October 18, 2006 at 22:24
Mitch57
June 2003
On October 18, 2006 at 21:22, WPWoodJr said...

However, the Comcast cable remote has significantly more
IR power than the MX-900, so its possible that you are
just not aiming the MX-900 well enough.

That makes sense. After a button press fails I point it right at the box and it always seems to work when I do that.

Things are looking good! It looks like they might have got it fixed this time around.

There is another somewhat minor but annoying problem that I addressed early on here and with URC. When you enable the battery warning on the remote and set it to warn you at 5% battery power remaining and the remote reaches that point it flashes "Low Battery or "Battery" (can't remember which one) at the bottom of the LCD screen. Usually within another few button presses after the battery warning message the remote goes ape sh#$t.

The LCD back light comes on and starts flashing on and off and it starts beeping on and off. Sometimes it also runs through it's self test right after the battery warning and then it starts it's LCD on and off/beeping on and off routine. There is no way to stop it from doing this other then to pull the batteries out. I've had three MX-900s and they have all done this.

I haven't been able to verify if the latest beta (1.10.093b) has fixed this problem or not. I put fresh batteries in mine right after the .092b version came out. I'll be watching to see if this is still a problem in the current beta.

Hosting Services by ipHouse