The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 1, 2006 at 00:39
Loraquest
Long Time Member
June 2002
Since a lot of people seem to be having problems with their 900s lately, I thought it was a good idea to start a dedicated thread on the subject here in the new forum. Last night I was paying particularly close attention, and it appears as though a button will fail to respond on my remote at least one out of every 10-15 times. Try as I might, I can't seem to acertain any type of logical pattern. It just seems totally random to me. The problem affects cursor keys, number keys, LCD buttons, you name it. My beep is set to on, so I can instantly tell when a button press fails to register. Like others have already pointed out, the remote always responds when the button is pressed a second time.

I tried several things that I thought might fix the problem, including:

1) installing fresh batteries
2) loading a completely blank configuration into the remote and then re-installing my current configuration
3) flashing back to an older configuration

Unfortunately, none of these helped whatsoever. Something funky is clearly going on here, and I encourage others who are experiencing similar problems to post in this thread so we can get to the bottom of this.

Hosting Services by ipHouse