The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Sunday October 29, 2006 at 23:14
Dave E
Long Time Member
September 2005
I loaded my file into the New MX-3000 and installed the older battery, just in case the problems were due to a defective or weak battery. So far the new MX-3000 has not exhibited the delay or fail problem. I have not done a lot of testing yet but it looks like the problem is only in the older MX-3000.
I think it was sometime during the process of swapping the batteries that the older MX-3000 locked up. It is just displaying the MX-3000 startup screen and saying “loading system files”. I have tried pushing the reset button in the battery compartment. I have tried removing the battery. The screen never completes the loading and never goes to the main page. I am able to upload from the remote and download to the remote. I have tried holding down the main button to get into the menu to do a factory reset but no buttons beep or respond.
This new development adds another question. Were the problems due to an older version of firmware, hardware or were they no more than the symptoms of a dying MX-3000?
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Any wire cut to length will be too short.
I must be a near GENIUS. All my teachers told me I was at the very PEAK of the bell curve!

Hosting Services by ipHouse