The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Thursday October 19, 2006 at 12:53
bobli
Long Time Member
December 2002
I've been having the same problem with the pushing of a button (hard or soft) on the remote and then seeing the antenna light up a couple of seconds later for a long time and have never found a solution. Also seeing pushing a button and no result from the code supposedly being sent by the remote via RF. I've tried everything on the URC RF troubleshooting list posted by Eric Johnson but nothing helps. The antenna never really shows any interference by lighting up unless I move it from it's normal position which I found by specifically testing for interference. One additional thing I've noticed is that when the remote successfully sends a code via RF the light on the antenna glows very bright red but when the code isn't successful the glow is not as bright although the antenna certainly lights up. Perhaps it's interference but it never lights unless a code is sent so that would seem to rule out interference. This also doesn't explain the delay in sending a code and seeing the antenna light up a couple of seconds later. I've just been living with this problem for a long, long time.

My only other thought is perhaps this problem(s) is related to older versions of the hardware and/or O/S? My MX-3000 has a date of 12/24/04 (version 8.8) and has a O/S version of 4.10.908.10N (10/05/04). Maybe an update to the O/S might address this issue? My firmware version, which I believe should be current as I have the latest version of the editor, is 2.23.5.60627.

Bob

Hosting Services by ipHouse