Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 28, 2007 at 20:14
cap220
Lurking Member
December 2007
Seems this item is rarer'n hens teeth.

I have a customer that purchased two MX3Ks online and one arrived w/the old school "keyed micro USB" connection and a standard mini USB B programming cable.

I've contacted URC and was told that I'm on the list and they will contact me when new inventory of the version 1 cables arrive (from reading the posts here that sounds like, probably, never).

I also contacted my old programmers (I sold my company a couple of years ago and I keep getting dragged back into CI) who are digging through their miscellaneous boxes of cables.

I've also done some extensive research of cable and connector mfgrs to see if I can identify the connector and have also read here that one of the members actually swapped out the errant usb jack in the remote with the compatible USB mini B. I don't exactly see how to crack open the remote to begin that process though am not afraid to try. I have excellent soldering skills!

My question is this; what are my options? Anyone know of a source for the cable or even the plug connection? Or, does anyone know the pin out for the connection (or the DIP jack inside the remote) so that we could interface with the MX-3000?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

cap
They're not "suggestions of physics", they're called laws of physics for a reason! If your wallet is deep enough we can bend the laws for you a little.

Hosting Services by ipHouse