The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday April 25, 2005 at 18:15
kmasavage
Lurking Member
April 2005
I have attempted to download, modify and use the .PCF file that D. Tonks has out on the R.C. web site and am running into some really weird problems. As background I am a veteran (albiet home only) programmer of Prontos. I have successfully installed two TSU-1000s in years past. I bought the TSU-3000 expecting much of the same. As before I took one of Tonk's files as a starting point and began stripping it down to a very simple user model.

Here's my first problem. Buttons/object keep disappearing from my screens. Especially the System Page (which Daniel has embedded two objects; a battery [upper right] and something else [upper left]), and the Home Page(s). I'll be working along, pulling un-needed buttons off some other page, say one of the DVD control pages, and then I'll go and look at the Home Page and notice that one or more buttons (or objects such as a background graphic) have disappeared. At first I thought they were really gone, but in fact, the still seem to be there. If you click on their location you will get the highlight marquis and if you ask for its "Properties" you will find the button/object is still there. However, if you click on the Appearance tab and view the Pressed versus Released states you will find the Pressed state fine and the Released state blank.

Since I don't really have all of these graphics as "importable" objects on disk, I can't just re-import them. Daniel does include most of them in his Gallery area, but I can't bring them in from there. Can I? Anyway, any clues as to what I'm doing wrong would be helpful.

Second problem. Daniel seems to always have to versions of each screen. The base screen (for instance DVD Player screen) and a second identical (or nearly so) called DVD Player A. Same with the Home Page and almost every other screen/page he creates. I've tried just deleting the "A" screen thinking they were there for some kind of "Missing IR Mode" but when I do, the main screen/page looks like every other line is missing. The page looks correctly in the editor but in the Emulator or when downloaded to the Pronto, the screens turn to trash with every other line missing.

Lastly, some of the objects in the tree view are grey in color and some are red. What is the difference? How do they get set that way?

Oops, now lastly. Is there any really good printed instructions out there for programming these critters. The manual that came with it will teach you absolutely zip about programming the device and the help file is about as useless.

Thanks in advance...

kjm
Keith Masavage
masavage@iei.net

Hosting Services by ipHouse