The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Saturday June 23, 2007 at 12:39
randman
Long Time Member
June 2003
Hmmm.... So, I guess folks can write a program to get an RSS feed for the weather, and then use the remote to turn on their AC! Come to think of it, I've got a number of devices that actually use TCP/IP, including: a Windows Mediacenter PC, an APC UPS (w/ built in web server), 2 Panasonic web cams (also with built-in web servers), Playstation 3, Wii, 2 TiVos (also with web servers), etc. I suppose with a programming language and TCP/IP, there can be some interesting possibilites.... A web browser application would certainly be a nicety (assuming it is possible to develop one for the Pronto). That would allow me to monitor the web cams from the remote!! If that's the case, then that would be a good reason to get the higher resolution TSU9600 over the TSU9400; otherwise, the higher resolution of the TSU9600 won't be as big a deal, since buttons can only be made so small for finger-touch control use (I don't see the stylus as being desirable to use for controlling my home theater equipment - too much trouble to use the stylus).

Hosting Services by ipHouse