The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Monday January 7, 2002 at 18:46
onion
Founding Member
January 2002
I paid $199.99 at best but for the Neo. I really was going to get a tsu200 - my wife works at philips and we can get them for $224.00 and the cradle is 49.99 all dat long. They even had tsu1000's for 168.00 before x-mass (thet sold out). the reason I went with the Neo is because of the hard buttons. Here's my take;

*Hard buttons, Hard buttons, Hard buttons!

The Neo has 13 hard buttons, all of which can be programed to do other things for each device. With the Neo I dont have to even look at the remote to scroll through my Dvd collection on the Dvd changer - hit play - hit FFWD - hit pause etc. it's all by feel with the hard buttons even in the dark. I dont want to have to look at the back lit screen to find a button just to het rewind or to hit record. Everyone I talk to about the 2000 says the same thing - they miss being able to hold the remoter and controll the system without searching for a button and an lcd screen. The Neo is much easier to hold than the tsu2000 too! I have kids and my wife would hate the 2000.

Fancy pictures? I don't want them.
I don't want my remote to be an address book - I want my address book for that. I can't see paying over 100.00 in addition to the 200.00 I've already shelled out so my remote can store addresses. The pretty pictures - I just want simple, icon style pic's. I don't need deep space shot backgrounds behind custom buttons that make my dvd player pause when I push one? I need a practical, rational, remote that has a good WAF (wife approval rating).

Now...with that said let me just say this. Don't get me wrong about the 2000's. They are neat as hell and no one can say any diff. The 6000's are amazing. But for all practical aplications, the Neo is more than enough for the average home theater and for the extra 110.00 I saved I can get the componant cables I want (which frees up an s-video slot so I can put the PC into the system), get the IR543 so I can do the X-10 thing and still have 50 bucks left over for new dvd's or whatever.

Each to his own - I'll stick with the Neo for now.

Hosting Services by ipHouse