The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday December 5, 2002 at 08:17
Marky mark
Lurking Member
November 2002
I've just bought two RC3200's here in UK. £150 each. The first one refused to learn or do anything, not even a revert, after a firmware update from the Marantz site. PC= Windows ME. I exchanged it and the second one works fine and does most things I want it to. Equipment= Pioneer DV737 DVD, Pace ex-ITVD DTT, old Marantz CD63SE, Yamaha E800 surround amp, Philips 32PW9523(coolgreen)TV and S-VHS VCR 969. Even learned my remote dimmer. With info from this forum I'm hoping I will get it to do 100% of my wishes. I will not update it unless I see others have had pain free success! My new RC3200 has the following on its information page if this helps decide if its the latest version or not:
Boot v2.34b
System v2.0.1
App 1.1.4.2
cf v1.0
I noticed that after the disasterous firmware update the app changed to 1.1.4. I should have read this forum first as others have had trouble after an update !!!
Philips customer support appears to be better than Marantz. Web site and manuals for the Neo are more informative but could be better of course. That said I still stuck with the Marantz mainly because of the styling and extra buttons. I was disappointed to find that two of the hard buttons, back and Fwd, can't be taught or learn macros but can be relabelled. Another labeled S is dedicated to a Marantz special function ? Maybe there's a way to make use of these buttons via software. I am new to this!!! Hope it was a good choice in the long run.

Hosting Services by ipHouse