The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday April 15, 2002 at 18:05
mpcostel
Founding Member
April 2002
I was at a lost when I started as well, so don't feel bad.

The first thing I did was to use the change button option to change one button (zap) on each menu for one of my activities. (If you are not clear on how to do that, I can explain in another post).

NOTE: When using the change button options I advise you to make sure you rename them something unique so you do not get confused what change button is what!.

Adding functions to the buttons is fairly simple. The most complex thing so far is playing with menus.

When Adding and Modifying menus I found it easiset to insert my code into the XML of the change button created for each menu (as I stated above I use the zap button change on all my menus). Just insert your new code after the last command, but before the last

I think I have done fairly well considering. With some playing around and help from Customer Service (which I find very responsive), I was able to learn a few things. I have added menus and menu items and am fairly pleased with what I have managed to make the remote do.

I did find one thing to be annoying. You cannot change what the default functions on the menus do. So while I was able to rename that the Menu option on the play menu, I cannot stop it from sending the menu command. I can only modify it to do some more (in this case change to the navigate menu).

Just a note to everyone reading:
When emailing Customer Service to ask for help, I always ask them to update the advanced pages when getting XML examples (and so far they have!). That way we can all learn these things.

Hosting Services by ipHouse