The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday July 21, 2003 at 12:43
FRR
Advanced Member
June 2003
I would have to agree with QQQ about speaker placement the 14' level is better than 14".

I understand that purpose for the speakers is to provide ambiant sound/music. Placing them at the 14" level is most likely to result in over pronounced base with the loss of higher frequencies (the higher frequencies losing energy as they run into pant legs, chairs, tables ...etc.). Without knowing the shape of the room I'm unsure why you wouldn't have 1st considered placing the speakers on the shelf versus located somewhere in the corners of the room on a set of brackets (I'm assuming that the games room is a different room than the one with the home theatre) unless there are some interior design issues.

Ultimately, IMHO, in-ceiling speakers would be the best choice for providing ambiant sound for something such as a games room. Also, by placing the speakers higher you will have a better listening experience when your playing pool or darts.

However, the 14" level is the best position for when you're lying on the floor listening to Pink Floyd after you've had a few too many pints watching the room spin just before you pass out ;-)

Cheers
Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.

Hosting Services by ipHouse