The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday July 17, 2003 at 18:22
Mark W
Long Time Member
March 2003
I have recently finished my basement. I finally have a home theater that I am happy with and other goodies that mkaes it a little more comfortable. With all this planning, and installing, I think I made a mistake that I was wondering if it could be corrected.

One of the rooms is the game room. It currently consists of a pool table and a dart board. Initially, I wired a volume controller and two speaker rca plug ins. I was planning on using some old B&O speakers in the room and I think this has changed.

I now am planning a 12" shelf on this particular wall with some stools. Floor standing speakers on speaker stands under the shelf doesn't work anymore. I could easily run wires up from the rca box plates but the speakers would then be firing right into our faaces as we sit at the shelf. I was wondering, are there any particular speakers that are in-wall that could be placed approximately 14-16' off the floor? I'm not looking for high fidelity sound in this room, just music to play cards, pool, darts, whatever to.

Thanks for the help.

Mark W

Hosting Services by ipHouse