The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday August 10, 2003 at 02:23
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
ditto that on the CC12. You can put in a separate button for lowering the blinds.

Or a CC62, which is a six-relay version of the CC12. I have one of these lowering a screen, closing drapes, and controlling the opening/closing, rotate/straighten out of a slide/rotate fixture. Bought all of the equipment with a need for 12 volts to start or stop, then use the CC12 to decide when the 12 volts goes out.

I find it best NEVER to use a trigger voltage from a component to directly control a device such as a screen or blinds. If some engineer was overly optimistic about the loads his trigger voltage would see, a screen relay could overload and actually blow the circuit, meaning the Faroudja or projector or whatever would need repair. No, if I am relying on the trigger voltage, I always put a low current relay or a transistor switch between it and the controlled device.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse