Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday May 2, 2002 at 16:59
CptCrash
Founding Member
May 2002
Hi ARB,

I seriously thought I could not get a better picture then what I had with my Sony DVD Player (DVP-S360) on my Mitisubishi WT-46809 HD 1080 Series HDTV, connected via component video out. The HDTV has DPM3 (some special name from Mitsubishi I'm sure) which enables the TV's precision circuitry and optics to display standard-resoultion TV programming with finer detail and smoother, natural texture (it gives enhanced definition of non progressive scan / non-HDTV signals, so I thought my DVD picture was as good as it could get. Plus, the HDTV's dual progressive scan (480p)/interlaced(480i) component video inputs enable the highest possible performance from a progrexxive scan DVD player. This is key! So I upgraded my DVD player because I wanted a few more features like MP3, DVD-R, etc. to the JVC Multiformat Progressive-Scan DVD (XV-S500BK) and I could not believe my eyes! Unreal!

I believe this is a higher end HDTV, as it has been rated very well in all reviews I looked at before buying it.

The real key when using a Progressive Scan DVD Player is to make sure you have a newer TV (HDTV) that can take full advantage of it! I would not waste the money for a progressive scan DVD player if I planned on using it with my 7 year old 32 inch TV, you won't see much difference.

Hope this helps,

This message was edited by CptCrash on 05/03/02 12:11.15.

Hosting Services by ipHouse