Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday December 30, 1999 at 08:13
billy c
Historic Forum Post
directv and dishnetwork?????.....which to choose???...here's the scoop, u make the decision:
picture and sound quality basically the same, both are compressed digital....although directv DOES offer it's dealers MUCH more support, and we do offer and sell both.....basically the same programming , Except that 'dish' is geared to ethnic programming, plus regular satellite channels, with very little sports.....directv, offers its dealers' MASSIVE support efforts,many more channels, total sports coverage of all types
incl.NFL packages and major league baseball to name a few, much more hardware availabilty both new and used, and a much higher satellite channel capabilty for the future, but that may equal out down the road.......why....they have lots of money
after all , they do own general motors corp.....
...with 'dish' , u need an elliptical dish and a multi-switcher to get local channels on the dish 500 system.....for now at least, with directv, around the east coast u dont....u can get local channels, in the ny market , and as of 12/28 in the BOSTON MARKET with u're existing satellite equip.....thats right, as of yesterday , the local markets on the east coast are starting to open up....people in the VT., N.H., Mass., markets , and maybe even more , can get a free preview of the 4 or 5 boston uplinked channels on channels 940 and upward i believe.......free preview is on till Jan 27th , i think as well....we just got a press-fax from directv in LA about this.......now u cable folks can all DUMP that grainy, non-hitech cable company, thats been price gouging you and me for years....REMEMBER, they get their signal from satellite to begin with.........THE PROGRAMMER"S....both are hi-quality services, with basically all 32 bit equipment...so u make the choice....but , memeber' this stuff aint big dish equip, its relatively cheap and in-expensive...and more or less is throw away when it breaks....the receivers , i mean.....so as technology changes, u may wanna update, or as equipment fails, u may wanna update as well.....its sorta like , well...
it wont last forever...or....should i say...when it breaks , just replace it....GOOD LUCK, and HAPPY NEW YEAR .....its the 2000's , go wireles
and go digital young men , go digital! ! ! !
bill c
comco sales group
northeast satcomm div
everett ma 02149
sattv4u@gis.net
phone 617 394-9192
just 2 miles no. of Boston

Hosting Services by ipHouse