The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Saturday December 24, 2005 at 01:00
Weblurker
Long Time Member
August 2004
On December 13, 2005 at 19:57, icewire said...
Boy that's funny! And yes it is true that they
are now selling in Toronto stores... Logic Computer,
Premier Computer Canada, PC Canada, PC Village,
Infonec... It's almost hard to find a store that
doesn't sell them. And the thing is I can only
find this card, no other one.

I think it is a driver issue, the hardware is
just fine. I just installed all the latest ATI
drivers and software and now I get audio on CTV,
but still a black screen. (In MMC 9.08)

I think I might open up a ticket too, can't hurt.
The more the better, maybe they will get the
message... everybody else should too :)

I've had a conversation that stretched out over a week (one day turnaround for each exchange) with a CSR at the ATI customer care web page.

The conclusion by ATI is that they're not going to do anything about the CTV problem.I told them that it doesn't look good for ATI that they're unwilling to do anything about the HDTV Wonder not working in the very city ATI's headquarters is located in. But they wouldn't budge, saying that they won't support the HDTV Wonder in Canada.

But the interesting part is this. There are some consultants I know who can fix this problem for ATI, but they're expensive. I suggested that ATI should at least offer them something like the Mozilla $500 bug bounty for their solution but ATI reviewed the information, said they'd note it, and decided not to act. However, they said they'd gladly accept the fix for free.

I guess that tells you what value ATI assigns to the HDTV Wonder market in Toronto. I'm very disappointed that ATI refuses to do anything about this bug.

The irony is that while ATI won't support the HDTV Wonder in Canada for the CTV problem, they nevertheless wanted someone in Toronto to support them to fix this problem and for free at that.

Last edited by Weblurker on December 24, 2005 03:17.

Hosting Services by ipHouse