On April 5, 2008 at 20:44, DJG said...
Mississauga here.Got some weird news about latest testing.OMNI/OMNI2
are on air but without any picture this time.You just
get blank screen.
Global is surprisingly weak here.Now it's ~17db and ~65%.Also
not that easy to receive even when amplified antenna is
on second floor balcony (outside).Buffalo will be unable
to get it without very special setup, then.Audio track
is shown as MPEG2 and not even AC3 (what the...?)
Enjoy test pattern snapshot:

Greetings everyone!

I am happy to report I too have been monitoring the Global test pattern for several days now, it’s coming clear. “DJG”, I also noticed OMNI’S broadcasting a carrier, with no video component.

As this is my first post please let me give you a few details about my setup. I have been receiving OTA signal with CM4328 plus a rotor with great results for little over two and half years now. I am located in Mississauga Mavis and Dundas area near Huron Park they’re lots of trees and houses. The antenna is mounted to the chimney which is supplying two loads one a HD TV and HTPC HD Tuner via one splitter. Overall I have been very happy with this systems performance and would recommend this setup for anyone around my location.

As you may already know many people in the Mississauga and GTA have to point their antenna south to receive Buffalo signals and hope the antenna lobes will pickup CN tower signals. Which in my case I just rotate my antenna towards CN tower to pickup and the channels such as Sun, City TV etc.

I have recently I made a few modifications to my antenna setup. I added a second indoor antenna (Silver Sensor pointing towards CN tower) an another splitter via separate 70 feet of RG 6 cable. In addition to that I installed a 10db indoor amplifier on to the signal coming from CM4328 (pointed towards Buffalo) to compensate for second splitter attenuation. Please note this setup took a lot of experimenting to get the results that I wanted and this may not work for everyone.

NBC 2-1 94 percent
WGRZ 2-2 94
CBS 4-1 91
CBC 5-1 91
ABC 7-1 91
WKBW 7-2 91
WKBW 7-3 91
CFTO 9-1 61
HAM11 18-1
PBS 17-1 85
WNED 17-2 85
PBS 17-3 85
CW23 23-1 88
CBC F 25-1 66
TBN 26-1 57
FOX 29-1 85
FOX 29-2 85
CTS 36-1 61
MY TV 49-1 61
WNYO 49-2 61
CITY TV 57-1 64
OMNI 1 47-1 66
No Video
GLOBAL 65-1 54
SUN TV 66-1 52
OMNI 2 69 54
No Video

It looks like I can almost retire my rotor :-) , but to tell you truth because of weather and trees etc. I still need the rotor to fine tune the channels that are sometimes harder to get 49-1.

One thing I really like about this setup is, I can run a quick scan my TV tuner and I can check if there are any new channels broadcasting with moving my antenna, it’s almost like having cable. My question is when will the OMNI channels start to broadcast again maybe a few years down the road LOL? Oh well I’m ready when they are :-)

Hope you fine this info useful.

Cheers!

Biggy

Hosting Services by ipHouse