The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 924 made on Monday December 11, 2006 at 12:41
douglee
Long Time Member
March 2006
On December 9, 2006 at 01:13, Daniel Tonks said...
Yeah, there's a WBNF-CA channel 15 on Grand Island, owned
by Faith Broadcasting. It's either 9.2kW south-east directional
or 27kW directional if they've acted upon their construction
permit yet.

SunTV in Hamilton is about 45 miles away and only 4.1kW,
so I guess this is allowed.

Channel 15 is interesting around here-Dundas and Greenwood. I normally receive "Star-Ray TV" on this channel. This is a semi-pirate low power analog station at Main+Danforth in Toronto. It was licensed as an experimental station by Industry Canada and has continued after the license expired. You can see their antenna on a building on Main St. just south of the railway tracks on the west side. There is a small radome partway up a large receiving antenna tower on the building. If you look in the storefronts, one has TV equipment and usually a visible monitor with the programming. Google for "star-ray tv toronto" Their website is here http://www.srtv.on.ca and a coverage map [Link: srtv.on.ca]. This guy has been fighting with the CRTC for years trying to get a license.

I also receive Buffalo quite often, usually just the sound overtop of Star-Ray and diagonal lines over the NTSC. Is this Hamilton? They were both coming in last night. I saw some pictures on the web of ATSC interference in NTSC and it looked different, just random noise. Anyone care to comment who can receive both Buffalo and Hamilton?

Hosting Services by ipHouse