The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday August 29, 1999 at 19:37
Eric
Historic Forum Post
Been enjoying all of your posts.

Also, Robert, you are doing a great job explaining X-10 theroy. You are quite a professional.

I've fiddled with X-10 since the seventies, I finally became happy with the technology and satisfied with its reliabilty after I installed a BLOCKING Coupler in my electrical panel. This couples the A and B leg of my electrical system, PLUS it prevents anyone else's X-10 signals from entering my panel. It also prevents my X-10 signals from leaving my panel and affecting anyone else. I now have my entire condo automated with PCS swtiches and a Time Commander Plus with IR expander, Just added the Pronto too. A very happy camper here. X-10 is a very reliable and robust technology IF you understand how it works and spend a few bucks to allow it to.

PS I use the Zantech RC68 remote to teach my Pronto and IR expander. These codes trigger the TimeCommander to control any X-10, or for that matter, any other IR driven or hardwired device in my home. The RC68 provides plenty of IR codes to work with. And, yes Robert, I want to upgrade to Stargate at some point in the not too distant future.

Have fun!

Hosting Services by ipHouse