Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday October 20, 1999 at 11:44
Roland S
Historic Forum Post
Regarding the EagleEye (or Hawkeyes), I too have experienced things not turning ON when motion is detected.

I placed a Hawkeye II in a bedroom walk-in closet for motion to turn on a X-10 wall switch in the closet when I walk in. Occasionally, it won't turn on the lights.

The conclusion I came up with is that when I open up the closet door, light also enters the closet. Therefore, motion and light is detected at the same time, and signals for each is transmitted simultaneously causing the two signals to collide.

Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

I've also experienced where the motion OFF signal is (most likely) sent but not received by the module (or possibly colliding with another signal), causing the closet light to remain ON for hours.

My fix: got rid of X-10 Hawkeye and wall switch for that closet and replaced it with a motion sensing wall switch from Lowes for $11.94. This switch never needs to be turned on manually or by remote or as a timed event, so I really don't need an X-10 unit in there.

Roland

** As far as disabling dawn/dusk features (and freeing up the Unit Code +1), I believe you can take it apart and put black electrical tape over the photocell. I haven't done it myself, but I've heard it's very simple to do (few minutes of work).

Hosting Services by ipHouse