Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday October 10, 1999 at 11:40
Chris Couture
Historic Forum Post
For straters, is the fan humming or the switch? If the fan is humming, are trying to use the switch to slow the fan? You shouldn't use the dimming part of the switch for the fan. This may cause the fan to overheat. If you are using at 100% then you should be fine. Some hum in the fan may occur. I would put a relay type switch on it when they are available.

As far as the switch not responding, they are tricky that way. Switchlinc's have a better sensitivity but this causes them problems if your home has excess noise, you gotta git rid of it. Try unpluging noisy devices like computers, TV's and surge protectors then try the IR543. Also check out the "The Basics of X-10" that I posted this morning.

Good luck and keep me informed. We will get this solved.

Simon, as far as you go...Did you install a coupler/amplifier yet? If not, expect the problems to continue (hint, hint).

Have a great day everyone...Expect me answers to be delayed starting Wednesday, for a week. I will be out of the country and will be back here in a week. I sure you all will be happy that I give the posting a break...it's gonna be quiet without me!
Chris Couture
chris@allprosound.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse