Post 13 made on Saturday December 20, 2003 at 17:40
grinningmadman
Lurking Member
December 2003
On 12/16/03 22:01, jrx10 said...
I need to buy a couple of 2 for 1s from them. you
guys think there is a good possibly that they'll
stiff me?

If you mean will X-10.com take your $ and send you nothing, not likely. What they will do, as always, is have good prices ON THE SPECIAL SALE items/packs, great flat-rate shipping below their cost, no sales tax.

Unfortunately their selection is limited, their products cheesy, neither newest nor best in any area, and not always a bargain on their regular priced items. They have a hucksterish (surprised?) habit of repackaging the same components various ways under different names, so know what you're doing! They also sell items of different specs, vintages, etc. without making it clear. In their favor, they often send a newer/better/hotter model when they're out of what you ordered, for no extra charge.

All in all I favor smarthome.com for its vast selection, its superior products, its detailed product descriptions, and its available paper catalog. For every one model of lamp module or light dimmer, etc. at x10, they have 5 or more with varying features, none of which you'd even know existed from x-10.com.

Hosting Services by ipHouse