The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday January 4, 2004 at 12:06
McNasty
Founding Member
January 2002
You can but not without help. First of all, you need the commands in it. If you don't already have them you'll need to get a remote that has them in it and teach your remote (Note the remote will have to be an IR remote) RadioShack sells a "One For All" that does this and you could technically buy one, teach your codes and return it. Some people think thats wrong, and others do it all the time. I'm not condoning it, just throwing out ideas. So say you do that...now you have the IR codes in your rm av3000 that will control your x-10 equipment but only with the aid of the IR543. The IR543 is a controller that tells the x-10 equipment what to do. But it listens to IR. So when you press "Lights On' on your remote, the IR543 sees that and tells the lamp modules to turn on. X-10 modules are usless withought a controller telling them what to do. I have 3 controllers on my system right now. The IR543 translates my remote which speaks IR, the TM751-HA translates my keychain remote which speaks RF, and I also have a CM11A connected to my PC to translate commands sent from my PC.

Hosting Services by ipHouse