The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Monday March 1, 2004 at 14:05
davidgrove
Long Time Member
June 2003
Yes, the cool down is important. I want to power the projector from a UPS precisely because I never want to have a sudden interruption of power, and although still rare, power interruptions are more common at my location (Alaska) than at typical "Lower 48 States" locations.

The projector will normally be controlled by either IR remote or RS-232 interface from computer. During operation, these mechanisms will determine whether the projector is in "Standby" or "On", and, thus, permit the automatic cooldown to ocurr. The appliance module will control whether [after coodown is complete] the projector is, in effect, "unplugged".

It is desirable to be able to unplug the NEC LT-150 projector, which is the projector I have. It has to do with keeping some projector settings "reset". Older posts discussing the LT150 over at AVSforum describe this.

The LT-150 is very small, and I am installing it in the soffit in the rear of the HT. Thus, it won't be particularly convenient to physically plug and unplug the projector. Of course, there will be an access panel, but it would be much more convenient to be able to connect and disconnect power under X10 control.

So, I would still ask the question (of anyone), "Is using a bridge generally accepted as a way to use an appliance module on the output side of a UPS?" (If not, how is it typically done?)

Thank you.

Regards,

DG

This message was edited by davidgrove on 03/01/04 14:33.

Hosting Services by ipHouse