The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday September 6, 2001 at 09:29
Larry Fine
Loyal Member
August 2001
I have a Cinema Grand also, along with a Sunfire Stereo amp, 7-channel. (Stereo on the mains, Cinema on the center, sides, and rears)

For the pre/pro, If I had the money, I'd go with a Sunfire Theater Grand with no hesitation. I did not have the money, though, and right now I'm using a B&K AVP-4090.

As far as speakers go, there is not really one "best" speaker system. Speakers vary in sound more than any other component, so personal choice must be used, and there is no better way than listening.

I have a Definity Technology BP-2000 system: BP-2000 mains, CLR-2000 center, BP-X surrounds, used as sides, and a pair of BP-20's as rears.

The advantage of the Cinema Grand is that it can run power-hungry inefficient (low-sensitivity) speakers. Therefore, you don't have the restriction of having to buy speakers that play well with low-power amps.

So go shopping, at a LOT of places. Do NOT settle with the first system you hear, or at the first retailler you visit. The magazine ads can supply you with company phone numbers and web sites, which in turn can supply you with retail locations in your area.

Larry

Hosting Services by ipHouse