Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday December 13, 2001 at 22:06
magster
Founding Member
December 2001
Bruce,
To save money try and buy from as few Vendors as possible. Some on line cable vendors have flat rate shipping. Others will give discount for multi cable purchases.
IMO
I think Belden makes a better analog audio cable than what Canare (L-4E6S)has to offer. Belden 89259 as an example uses some pretty un-common material in its construction compared with the canare star-quad cable you mention. Yes I know that the Star quad is well regarded.
Belden 1694a is a higher spec cable than the Canare cables you mentioned for both composite and component use. Not that you will notice the difference with composite of over short runs. The longer the run the more the Belden will excell.
So my advise would be to buy the majority of your cables from one or two vendors max.
Rhinocables: Digital and analog audio, Composite and component audio
CScables or KustomKables could supply most of the above as well although I think the Rhinocables have a better mix.
For S-vid I'd go with a bettercables or Catcables design. The cable used in the above will offer better performance than the Cscable offering. My experience with 1808a hasnt left me that impressed.
To sum up you should e-mail the above vendors you mentioned and request a quote for the cables they can provide and see if they will give you a package price. I'm sur ethey will all ship to Grmany but it may be worth confirming as well.

Hosting Services by ipHouse