Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday December 13, 2001 at 06:13
Bruce Burson
Founding Member
October 2001
Thanks, All:

Based on your advice, I jumped off into the world of cable research. Thanks to Larry for the guiding philosophy of going to the point where you definitely won't say to yourself, "Yeah I saved a few cents or bucks, but now I wish I had gone the one step more." Thank you Mike for the technical guidance, and Matt for clarification and vendor recommendations. Here's my current plan, what do you think?

Wholesale Manufacturers: Canare and Belden

Analog Audio: Canare L-4E6S (cscables.com) $46 per 1m pair.
Digital Audio: Belden 1506a w/shield (rhinocables.com) $45 for one meter.
Composite Video: Canare L-5CFB (kustomkables.com) $19 for three feet
S-Video: Belden 1808a (cscables) $37 for one meter.
Component Video: Canare V-5CFB (kustomkables) $46 + $4 per foot.

I'm debating terminating them myself (Matt :) but I listed the vendor prices if I get lazy. Do these prices seem to be in-line with the cable quality? I am stationed in Germany, so my "easy" options are limited to Web vendors (who speak English :) who can ship via US Postal Service. Otherwise I get hit for major taxes (and possibly language barriers).

On a related topic, what do you all think of using Canare Star-Quad 4S8 as speaker wire: Overkill? Matt, you and Mike mention studio wiring experience, what do you use?

Thanks for all your help so far. I've really learned a lot from this forum. Even my wife is impressed at the improvements to our audio and video quality that I've implemented so far based on what I've picked up!

Regards,

-Bruce
Never confuse your career with your life.

Hosting Services by ipHouse