The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday July 14, 2006 at 21:05
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
I own 4 Sony DVP-CX985V 400-disc DVD changers and have not had a single problem with any of them. They are in use daily. Three of them I've had for a couple years now. In fact, I'll be purchasing a 5th at the end of the year. They can be had online for between $250 and $275 dollars. I will never purchase the current model 995V. HDMI upconversion is not a selling point for me for starters. Component video looks great! Secondly, the 995V changers will not remain stopped at a resume point after you power down, then power back up the changer. The changer will automatically begin DVD playback from the resume point when the unit powers up. This is just bad design. No two ways about it. When stopping my Sony DVP-CX985V changers at a resume point however, powering down, then powering back up again, the disc just sits at the resume point. Playback does not automatically resume. As for the Disc Explorer interface built into these units, if you don't find another solution prior to purchasing these changers you only have yourself to blame. A few minutes of searching on the web or a stop over at AVSForum's will tell the story there. As such, I've been using my Philips ProntoProNG TSU7000 remote for disc selection via DVD cover image since day one avoiding the headaches many have with the Disc Explorer interface. To learn more about my TSU7000 solution just click on the link in my signature area below.

Last edited by Lowpro on August 28, 2006 04:33.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse