Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday February 1, 1999 at 23:57
Craig Luna
Historic Forum Post
At first I was disappointed with the IRIQ but figured out how to use it properly.

First, the remote really isn't meant to be used via the devices. The idea is to make many activity sheets that incorporate the device funtion you wish to use. The buttons can be reaarranged in the activity creator. THe hard buttons(minus 2) can have any functions assigned to them. You can rearrange the button postions on the activity setup screen.

First you create a main page activity on the remote that creates shorcuts to all the other activities (or if you wish devices). I have power buttons here too and the wheel is setup to do tv stuff on this page.

On each of these place a shortcut back too the main page. Put this in the same place on all the pages so you can get back to the main page easily(I use botton right button so I can use it by feel alone). If you want they can be linked to sub-activities but make certain a return to calling activity shortcut is used.

You can do some ingeneous things with this remote if a good activity setup is used. It just take a little work. I have a bunch of other techniques Ive used that I learned from doing Quake2 aliases

PS As for range, I've tested over 30feet with some devices.

Also keep in mind, the unit is flash upgradable. I will imagine that some slick stuff will be incorporated as time passes. The software is a little to utilitarian currently.

Craig Luna

Hosting Services by ipHouse